Uncategorized

The C-word…Craniosynostosis 

Emma required a surgery to reopen her cranial sutures. The doctors needed her to be big enough to withstand being under anesthesia for such an extended period of time. Waiting 5 months, knowing that they would be operating on my baby again was agonizing. Finally, the time had come for Emma’s surgery. My husband and I were terrified. We arrived at the hospital early in the morning to get her prepped for surgery. Before they took her back, the doctor came in and asked if they could shave her entire head to minimize the risk of infection. Of course we obliged, but how absolutely devastating. It seems so silly but I think that’s when everything actually sank in that my baby was about to undergo surgery to have her head operated on, again. We waited and waited but 4 hours later, they were finished and the surgery couldn’t have gone better. Emma is truly a little fighter. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s